Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Count down begins

7 days! ok, so I have been very busy with all kinds of hurdles to get over. Like organizing classes for our homeschool preschooler groups, cakes every single weekend now for the month of April, my son's 4th birthday, catching up on laundry since we had clogged drain issues and needed plumber help. Anywho... here I am bloggin again about where I am in this trip planning.
Have decided to treat it as tiny trips in 12 different places to help me pack.
So, I will be packing instead of for 26 nights, for 12 different city's. But to make it even easier we are packing only a wekk and half of clothes and will do laundry in Seattle for the Seattle trip and then again after Yellowstone for the last leg of our trip.
I know laundry on vacation??? Well, sometimes you must do what you must do to function and unfortunately with a 4 year old boy I cannot leave clothes sit up to 26 days before they would get washed. They would be better off to be thrown away! :)
In addition to packing clothes we are packing snacks and lunch foods. Well isn't that interesting since we are gone for almost a month. You should see everything I have laid out on my very LONG kitchen counter. You would think VA is the only place with markets(grocery stores),Targets or WalMarts. We must have every last morsel of food from the stores on our couner as though my family is gonna starve going west.
It makes me recall a quote in the St Louis Arch Museum regarding going west. A women recalled losing her baby to sickness and now her husband was sick and had been in bed for over a month and she was doing all the work to keep their piece of land and few animals going, but if only they could have access to the medicine. She discussed her tiredness, her loss and regret.
Well, here I am going west like her and I wonder if my fear of not having enough crackers for a 6 hour drive is anything like her fear of leaving her comfort zone with an established civilation to go somewhere she couldn't google on the internet. I assume the mother role is a little the same no matter what country, what era or even cultures you are gonna worry about details like food and happiness for your kids.
So, we have clothes to sort through, snacks to sort through, toys and activities to go through. We have some more hotels to find and polish out a few more activities. BUT my MIL is coming this weekend, so my hubby has promised to sit and discuss more lists. Which I am becoming somewhat a fan of lists while also a loather of lists.
My biggest fear of this trip is BORED KIDS!
Gonna research maybe some carschooling(a recommendation of my friend and fellow homeschooler). So I am off to research so lapbooks, maybe some notebooking. Gonna journal anyway, but maybe something else to throw in!

No comments:

Post a Comment