Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How to you plan for a spontaneous trip?

Great question right. I mean this trip started as a spontaneous thing and now it has grown into a multi-page Excel spreadsheet.
Yes people a spreadsheet, spontinaity needs organization!! We have hotels to find, routes to plan, stop overs to decide on, daily activites to choose, and car activities for the kids. This trip will be a total of 6800+ miles there and back. There will be more miles, I am sure, as we drive around Yellowstone, inevitablely get lost in Denver, drive for hours trying to find dinosaur items and historic houses. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!
At any rate, I have discovered www.hotels.com as a great resource. If we book 10 stays through them, we can earn a free stay. You have to sign up for their welcome rewards. Since we are staying at 12 hotels along the way, this is a perfect deal for us. Not to mention if we continue to use www.hotels.com we can earn more free stays.
On top of that, we have Hilton Honors, so we earn points for stays are participating Hampton Inns, Hiltons, etc.. So we get a 2 for one kind of deal! I love it!
Always look for a bargain when you can, even the littlest ones can add up. No bargain is too insignificant!
Back to planning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment