Ok so I made a joking comment to my husband and now it seems he is taking me serious and planning a large trip. Let me start at the beginning...
We are driving to Kansas City in May for my brother-in-laws graduation from seminary school. We had originally planned to do some zoos and children's musuems and the St.Louis Arch along the way. We figured 1 week to drive out and back and see some stuff along the way, maybe 2 weeks if we want to do more stuff.
Well, after letting everyone know our intentions my husband gets an opportunity to go to a training class in Seattle. So, we say that will be great and decide the kids and I want to fly out with him.
Turns out the class is the Sunday after my BIL graduation. So... the night my husband tells me I say "Well we are already half way across the country, we should drive the rest of the way to Seattle and see Mt Rushmore and Yellowstone National park while we do it!" Mind you I was joking! Now it seems I am being taken seriously and we are planning a trip to Seattle after we drive to Kansas City. Then of course there is the drive home from Seattle Washington to Northern Virginia a whopping 2874 miles and that doesn't include any of the side trips around the towns we will be in.
So, call me crazy but we are taking a 4 year old and a 6 year old cross country! I will keep everyone posted how it goes and the things I discover along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment